25 powerful tips on SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most vital parts of Digital Marketing. Today we'll talk about 25 important tips which are crucial for ranking any website. You need to know these. Otherwise, you won't be able to beat your rival websites in your race to reach your expected position on Google Ranking.
1. Content is the first priority in ranking. So, create quality contents as much as possible. The length of the content should be 1000-1500 words range. Google likes big content. Also, it will raise the number of returning visitors on your website. In order to write catchy headlines, do your research first.
2. Every page title must be unique and keyword included. If you want to use your company's name then use it at the end of the title. Title should be within 60 characters.
3. Focus more on search phrase rather than those single keywords. Also, evaluate long tail keyword.
4. Ask your web designer to make it an SEO friendly site. Use Yoast WordPress Plugin plugin if you're designing websites using WordPress.
5. Avoid using frame, flash and AJAX on your website. Google doesn't like these, because they reduce loading speed.
6. While link building, prioritize quality over quantity. Link to good quality sites rather than linking to low quality sites.
7. Avoid keyword stuffing and sustain the natural flow. Amateurs tend to commit this mistake. The use of keywords in article should not exceed 0.8 percent.
8. Website should be user friendly. Make sure that the visitors are getting easy access to what they've come for.
9. Try linking to those aim based .edu sites. Google prefers these site more.
10. Link is the next most important factor after Content. So, link to those effective links with caution. Do not try to cause any harm to your precious website by creating spamming links.
11. Attach "Call to Action" with your article. It should be sensible enough. Remember to place it in an 'easy to spot' position.
12. Use keyword filled caption in the images. Most people only use keywords in file names but do not use any keyword in the captions.
13. Pay attention to the image surrounding contents. Those contents should be image relevant, having similar keywords, captions and file names.
14. Now, Social Media Marketing is an integral part of SEO. So, keep an eye on it too!
15. Leave scopes for customer activities such as review rating, commenting and sharing on your website.
16. Do not waste your time worrying about page ranking. Because it doesn't matter in SEO.
17. Build a decent relation with your targeted bloggers. It will help in strengthening your backlink. It also help you find SEO related updates or newer marketing strategies.
18. Apply ALT text in the images. Remember, using Keyword is a must in ALT text.
19. Try to attach article related videos in your contents.
20. Be watchful to your rivals' backlinks. Always try to know where they are making backlinks and how many it is.
21. Delete the most ineffective content from your website.
22. Set the social share button on your website in a way which makes it easy to find.
23. Avoid feeding excessive ADs. It reduces page's loading speed and causes annoyance among the visitors.
24. Use Google Analytic and strategize for your SEO according to it.
25. Keep your website or blog's Subscribe option (RSS Feed) open. It would help you in E-mail marketing.
- Category: SEO
Do you want to be an SEO expert?
SEO 10-07-2017 Hits: 202
How to Increase the Views of YouTube Videos in Organic Ways
Social Media 04-06-2017 Hits: 460
Facebook Ad Retargeting: How Does Facebook Get The Whereabouts of Our Visited Websites?
Social Media 21-05-2017 Hits: 526
Increase Twitter Engagement: 11 Easy How-Tos
Social Media 11-05-2017 Hits: 548
How to Use WordPress Custom Logo API: With Code Example
WordPress 07-05-2017 Hits: 889
10 Important WordPress Plugins and Tools for SEO to Rank Your WordPress Website Even Better
WordPress 20-04-2017 Hits: 1036
Move WordPress Site from Localhost to Live Server: Step-by-step Tutorial with Screenshots
WordPress 17-04-2017 Hits: 1002
Most Read Tutorials
How to combine all .vcf files to single .vcf file manually to merge into Gmail Contacts
Webmaster 23-05-2015 Hits: 64987
Get component, module and plugin parameters in Joomla 3
Joomla 3.0 24-07-2014 Hits: 32245
Troubleshooting Joomla 3.0 Database Connection Errors
Joomla 3.0 17-03-2013 Hits: 18206
How do you detect a website visitor's country?
Webmaster 30-05-2013 Hits: 18193
How to setup SMTP in Joomla 2.5 to send emails
Joomla 2.5 23-07-2012 Hits: 16371
Fixing JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths
Joomla 3.0 22-02-2014 Hits: 16208
Open a Port in Firewall in Windows 7 OS
Windows 18-07-2012 Hits: 14980
How to fix 'Creating default object from empty value' PHP warning in Joomla
Joomla 3.0 23-10-2013 Hits: 14570
How to add Google Analytics code in Joomla! 2.5 template
Joomla 2.5 14-07-2012 Hits: 14413
Using Popover on Hover with Twitter Bootstrap in Joomla 3
Joomla 3.0 06-07-2013 Hits: 14406
Store user state variables in Joomla 2.5/3.0
Joomla 3.0 24-03-2013 Hits: 13902
NetBeans auto completion does not show class methods when using Singleton design pattern
Joomla 3.0 24-02-2014 Hits: 9054