How to Easily Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10
Hibernation is a feature of Microsoft Windows Operating System which was primarily designed for laptops. When a PC goes into hibernation it takes a snapshot of all your files and windows and saves that snapshot to your hard drive before shutting down. The next time you start your PC or laptop, your PC starts up faster, retrieves the snapshot from the disk and pops up before the monitor almost instantly where you left it.
There are several ways to enable or disable hibernation in Windows 10. These are discussed below.
Using command line:
- Fire up the Windows 10 context menu by pressing Windows Key+X key. We will use the "Command Prompt (Admin)" menu item. Click it. Press "Yes" if you're prompted with permission.
- To enable the Hibernate, type command powercfg/h on
- To disable the Hibernate, type command powercfg/h off
To manage settings for Hibernate:
- Press Windows key + X key to access windows power menu" and select "Power Options" from there.
- Click "Change plan settings" next to the power plan you have active (most probably, "Balanced (recommended)".
- Now select "Change advanced power settings".
- In "Power Options scroll down and expand "Sleep".
- Click on Hibernate after
- Enter the minutes you want your PC to be idle before it Hibernates
- Next, scroll further down to "Power buttons and lid", expand it.
- Select "Hibernate" under "Power button action" from the dropdown list.
- Press Ok to apply the changes.
- Category: Windows 10
Do you want to be an SEO expert?
SEO 10-07-2017 Hits: 202
How to Increase the Views of YouTube Videos in Organic Ways
Social Media 04-06-2017 Hits: 460
Facebook Ad Retargeting: How Does Facebook Get The Whereabouts of Our Visited Websites?
Social Media 21-05-2017 Hits: 526
Increase Twitter Engagement: 11 Easy How-Tos
Social Media 11-05-2017 Hits: 548
How to Use WordPress Custom Logo API: With Code Example
WordPress 07-05-2017 Hits: 889
10 Important WordPress Plugins and Tools for SEO to Rank Your WordPress Website Even Better
WordPress 20-04-2017 Hits: 1036
Move WordPress Site from Localhost to Live Server: Step-by-step Tutorial with Screenshots
WordPress 17-04-2017 Hits: 1002
Most Read Tutorials
How to combine all .vcf files to single .vcf file manually to merge into Gmail Contacts
Webmaster 23-05-2015 Hits: 64987
Get component, module and plugin parameters in Joomla 3
Joomla 3.0 24-07-2014 Hits: 32245
Troubleshooting Joomla 3.0 Database Connection Errors
Joomla 3.0 17-03-2013 Hits: 18206
How do you detect a website visitor's country?
Webmaster 30-05-2013 Hits: 18193
How to setup SMTP in Joomla 2.5 to send emails
Joomla 2.5 23-07-2012 Hits: 16371
Fixing JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths
Joomla 3.0 22-02-2014 Hits: 16208
Open a Port in Firewall in Windows 7 OS
Windows 18-07-2012 Hits: 14980
How to fix 'Creating default object from empty value' PHP warning in Joomla
Joomla 3.0 23-10-2013 Hits: 14570
How to add Google Analytics code in Joomla! 2.5 template
Joomla 2.5 14-07-2012 Hits: 14413
Using Popover on Hover with Twitter Bootstrap in Joomla 3
Joomla 3.0 06-07-2013 Hits: 14406
Store user state variables in Joomla 2.5/3.0
Joomla 3.0 24-03-2013 Hits: 13902
NetBeans auto completion does not show class methods when using Singleton design pattern
Joomla 3.0 24-02-2014 Hits: 9054